Trip to the Beach

Saturday, October 07, 2006

This is a 2 Rupee coin. It is important in this particular blog because we need to know who is checking in on us. So please, put in your 2 rupees worth. We're really curious!!!!



When the water buffalo cross the road, we stop and watch. Where do they get them, I don't know. Some are fast and some are slow. Everybody has a water buffalo!







Here is an idol, Ganesh. There was a 9 day festival to respect its contribution to Hindustan. Notice the offerings of food, drink, tobacco and sweets.


These are random shot from Andhra Pradesh. Not so exciting, but available for show.



Below is an ice cream stand with the monkey god, "Atama" or something like this. Didn't eat any though.

Below: These are cows grazing at a local landfill. There were loads of cattle and tons of trash. I've named the place, the "Golden Corral." Our home is near the buildings on the horizon, and yes, I walked here. So this one is short, but we've got lots waiting to be posted. These random shots are from our first 3 months. Coming up, tsunami affected areas, salt mines, rural villages, train stations and possibly tigers.


The End.

14 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

me. i am checking on you. i love your blog because it's like my very own mission spotlight every week. and when i saw the water buffalo, i totally started singing the song before i realized you had written it down. happy travels!

8:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 rupies--I check in daily. Keep the stories and pictures coming!
Mom D

10:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 rupies--I check in daily. Keep the stories and pictures coming!
Mom D

10:41 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Totally cool photos and stories! I"m adding my 2 cents. Love it all. Keep it coming. Hey, THANKS SO MUCH FOR MY BIRTHDAY CALL. Totally made my day. Hope I didn't send you broke calling me though. Thanks so much. I'm also glad to read Nick's versions' of things as well. Good that's he taking care of you! And love you in the punjabi dress . . !!So you!

6:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I check in too. I miss you!
Mary

11:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashburn's want some water buffalo!

11:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Loyd's in Austin are enjoying keeping up with your adventures. I sent a 60 page copy to Grandpa and Dorothy to update them. You are in our prayers. Linda

3:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Lovespuds, would love to go to India and play cricket for a season, the Aussies are overthere at the moment playing. Get to a game if you can and scream out "crikey thats a top shot" and they'll think your ozzie. Been busy doing house stuff, had a huge night out with the lads for Rods bucks night last Thurs night. Drop in sometime ay!!Luvyas Col

11:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 rupies for you!
When are you guys going to the top of Mnt. Everest? jk I enjoy reading this blog, keep it up!

Ard H.

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a good time over there. The Lord still has plenty of blessing for you both.

8:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant read everyday...but I check every few days. I agree with Jessica. My own personal mission spotlight. I'm really enjoying visiting India. Keep it coming.
Diane R

3:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds and looks like you two are learning alot and experiencing alot . We had a blast at your wedding and the kids still talk about it. Have fun !!!! Cindy Ashburn

7:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dean,

You've lived an amazing life, since after you've got out of the military. The photos were definitely awesome and inspiring. I feel that you truely did something wonderful.

Thanks for replying back,
J. Krejci

11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the good ole Hindustan days. Keep it real. God bless,
Justin

5:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home